Links is a network of personal connections between missionaries and Nazarene districts around the world.
Participating missionaries are assigned to districts and, then on the district level, connected to local churches. This gives each church an opportunity to become personally acquainted with a missionary family and their field of service. A Links relationship fosters a sense of involvement with the global missions enterprise of the church through regular correspondence from the missionaries, updates from their field, and even through deputation services while the missionaries are on home assignment.
Missionaries and churches experience close relationships built over time linking them through a common bond.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Missionary care is an important strategy of Nazarene Missions International (NMI) to help provide for personal needs of missionaries. These expressions of care include:
- Links: a strategy for “linking” churches with missionaries through prayer, personal contact, and giving.
- Missionary Christmas Fund: provides a monetary Christmas gift for missionaries as well as subscriptions to Reflecting God and Holiness Today.
- Missionary Health Care: monies used to subsidize missionary health care costs.
- The Memorial Roll: a way to honor deceased friends and loved ones. A certificate is issued in the name of the person memorialized and is often presented to a family member or displayed in the church.
- Distinguished Service Award: a certificate presented to an individual to recognize outstanding service to God and the church. The presenter (usually a church or district) contributes $125 to Missionary Health Care.
- Gifts from the Heart: donations of any amount given to honor and/or memorialize friends and loved ones; the money is designated for Missionary Health Care.
Please contact your District NMI President for details regarding the missionary family linked to your church.
- Make personal contact with the missionary.
- Agree on the best way to communicate.
- Introduce the missionary to your church.
- Learn as much as possible about the missionary and the field of service.
- Share as much as possible about your church with the missionary.
- Pray for each other regularly.
- Schedule a time to meet in person.
Consider Links missionaries as part of your church’s family.
- Share life together.
- Pray for one another.
- Communicate often.
- Meet in person or connect by a video call
- Give generously.
- Schedule your Links missionary to visit your church.
Generosity is one of the greatest expressions of love. If an individual, church, or district would like to show love to a Links-assigned missionary through giving, please follow these guidelines.
- Sending cards and letters to a Links family
- Make sure the missionary can receive mail.
- Confirm the mailing address.
Who can help?
Please contact your District NMI president, district Links coordinator, or the missionary.
- Sending a package or gift cards
- Before sending parcels or gift cards, contact the missionary about their wants/needs, and for specific mailing instructions.
- Send items directly to the missionary following the given instructions to ensure best results.
- Include your email address with sent items so a thank you can be returned.
Who can help?
The missionary will know best, so please communicate with them first.
- Sending a monetary gift
Please note NMI encourages such giving but does not set giving amounts. Please give as the Holy Spirit leads.
- Financial gifts are best given online by way of Funding the Mission for the local church or district.
- Churches and districts may send checks only (no cash, cards, or parcels) to:
From the United States:
Global Treasury Services
P.O. Box 843116
Kansas City, MO 64184-3116
Make checks payable to “Global Treasury Service” with “missionary first and last name — Links” in the memo.
3657 Ponytrail Drive
Mississauga, ON L4X 1W5
Make checks payable to “Church of the Nazarene Canada” with “missionary first and last name — Links” in the memo.
From other countries:
Send money to the regional office, where funds will be forwarded to Global Treasury Service at the Global Ministry Center. Mark the gift clearly including “missionary first and last name — Links” with the remittance.
- To ensure gifts are given as intended, please clearly mark all gifts, made online or sent by mail, as follows: “Links – (missionary first and last name)”.
- If you would like your church to receive 10% giving credit, please include the church name with the gift.
- 100% of all funds designated as Links gifts are given to the missionary through the payroll system and may be used for personal needs or wants not otherwise covered through World Evangelism Funds (WEF), deputation funds, or other mission funding.
- Please do not send monetary gifts directly to the missionary as they may incur exchange rate fees or other complications.
Who can help?
To ensure the safety of missionaries, Global Mission does not include missionary contact information on Missionary Profiles Online. If you need contact information for a missionary, please contact either your District NMI president or your district Links coordinator.